Top Social

#TBT: DIY Christmas Tree Costume

Thursday, December 4, 2014


In honor of throwback thurz and the first week of December, I am bringing back last year's DIY Christmas mixer ensemble. Sorority girl problems. While everyone else is dressed up as reindeer, snowmen, and covered in wrapping paper, bows, and Santa hats, you be the tree. This is the perfect idea to be the diva of Santacon or a basic ugly sweater party.


You will need:
Green tulle (by the yard)
2 Elastic bands sized by body measurement
Decoration beads
Yellow foam paper adhesive


I watched a tutorial on how to make your own tutu using elastic and tulle from JoAnn's Fabric store. I ended up accidentally cutting the tulle strips too short which made my tutu not full enough to cover my butt, so I made two separate tutus to wear together instead.  I actually looked like a layered, poofy tree!  For a tutorial I found helpful, click here.

I threw on black high-waisted shorts, pantyhose, and a black tube top.  The bottom elastic tutu sat right below my waistline and the top elastic tutu sat right above my belly button.  I cut out a star from my adhesive yellow foam paper and stuck it to my chest, draped beaded necklaces by tucking them into the elastics, and I was good to go :)  I hope yours comes out even better!

3 comments on "#TBT: DIY Christmas Tree Costume"
  1. I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much. Kids fortnite costume

    ReplyDelete
  2.  specializes in anime cosplay costumes. We offer popular Japanese cosplay costumes from Naruto, One Piece, Sailor Moon, Bleach, My Hero  anime cosplay costumes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limbs that hang over roofs, particularly if they become diseased- pose a significant risk of damaging the roof if they fall during wind storms. tree removal

    ReplyDelete