Top Social

12 Office Must-Haves

Friday, January 30, 2015

It's been a few weeks since I've completed my cubicle makeover and I have to admit that it makes spending 35 hours a week here at work 100 times more enjoyable. If you're thinking of decorating your work space, my only advice for you is to be patient - the whole makeover can't happen overnight, but its well worth it!

Here is what I believe to be the 12 office must-haves:

Mason jars in general are the "perfect anything" - and there are 3 on my desk. THREE. I'm not sure what it is about them, but I love the southern vibe they give. Store your writing utensils, silk flowers, real flowers if you're about that life, or use them for their original purpose: Drinking. Click here to see how I make use of my Metallic Mason Jars.


2.  Statement Mug
What does your mug say about you? If you're not drinking out of your mason jar, designate a mug that stays at work at all times. I know my office runs out of cups once in awhile, or sometimes I don't want to settle for a basic 8 oz. cup. You'll thank me after rushing to get to work one day only to realize you left your to-go thermos at home. Here's some favs:  1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5


3.  Throw Pillow
Yours totally does not have to be as obnoxious as mine, but I can't begin to explain how much my pillow has prevented slouching, back pain, or future issues. They sell back support chair pieces, but come on, its a pillow..... P.s. - the bigger the better.


4.  Designer Scotch Tape Dispenser
I don't even use tape for my job, but that doesn't mean I have an excuse not to buy one of Scotch Magic's awesome Designer Tape Dispenser. There are so many to choose from that it's overwhelming - high heels in numerous colors, sport equipment, animals, desserts, and even a margarita glass. You can find them all over Amazon, or browse their selection here.


5.  Framed Work Notes
No more post-its & random notes hanging up:



My 12 month printable clipboard calendar for 2015 is 100% FREE and easy, promise youll love it! Follow my instructions here to download & print :-)


7.  Mini Mirror
My standing mini mirror is only 4 inches tall - use it to see whos creepin up behind you, or to just constantly remind yourself how pretty you are :-)


8.  Gel Pens
Because why not? It's not very often you're writing vs. typing anymore, so when you do, might as well write in style. I tell you where to find them on my Metallic Mason Jar post here, grab a pack of 5 so you'll know right away if someone steals one from ya.


9.  Polaroid Pictures
Framed photos are always nice, but if you have tons of pictures and have trouble deciding which will make the cut like I do, I show you how I did my DIY Polaroid Photos here.


10.  Hand Cream & Lip Butter
Keep travel sized deep healing hand lotion and lip butter at your desk and never let it leave. Vaseline is my brand of choice. What better time is it to realize how dry your hands and lips are than while you're at work? It's actually the only time I apply hand lotion during the day since I'm constantly washing my hands. As for the lip butter, you have no idea how much Petroleum Jelly heals chapped lips faster than any other chapstick, I wrote all about here.


You can do this craft blindfolded! Everything I used was purchased from the dollar store, and it took me under 10 minutes to make. I show you how it's done here: DIY Desktop Dry Erase Board.


12.  Metallic Office Supplies
Gold, silver, or a solid color - whatever you choose, it'll be fabulous. Target has tons of gold supplies by Nate Berkus, but if you don't want to spend $16 on gold scissors like me, grab some metallic spray paint & just go spray paint crazy.


Curious to see what my sanctuary of a cubicle looks like? I wrote about my office make over here: http://thebeetique.blogspot.com/2015/01/my-office-cubicle-makeover.html

xoxo
1 comment on "12 Office Must-Haves"
  1. These are the important factors that every person must keep in his mind if he is going to buy any furniture for the office. The environment of an office plays an important part in increasing the efficiency and productivity of the workers.
    Reference:
    office desks under 1200
    office executive chairs under 300

    ReplyDelete