Top Social

How To Heal Chapped Lips Overnight

Friday, January 16, 2015
Since the temperatures have been dropping nationwide, it's never been a better time to share my oldest beauty tip...

I keep a huge tub of Vaseline on my nightstand next to my bed, and in college I couldn't tell you how many people would be like "ummm, whats that for". Petroleum Jelly saves lives. And by lives, I mean lips. Or cuts, or scabs, or dry patches - but today we're going to focus on lips.

I wish I was joking when I say I have chronic chapped lips.. I can't go anywhere without my chapstick. Sometimes it ends up in bed with me. I was the little girl who had the habit of licking her lips without understanding the consequence, and it even developed into a rash. Now that I really think about it, the whole thing is pretty gross. After many dermatologist visits, topical creams, and prescription pills, I found that Aquaphor worked best.

Because Aquaphor is an ointment, my skin became so immune to it that the area actually became irritated. I tried Vaseline instead one day and it toned down any redness immediately - I couldn't believe it. Since it's so greasy, I only slab it on before bed every night to wake up to soft, healthy lips.


Don't believe me? Why do you think Vaseline came out with a Lip Therapy line?! :-)


Keep that mini one in your bag, and the ORIGINAL Vaseline 100% pure petroleum jelly tub by your nightstand. Then, you can thank me in the morning.

:-) xo
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment