Top Social

Wallpaper? Nope, Wall Stencil

Friday, February 13, 2015

As promised, I've finally been redoing my bedroom that hasn't been redone since my 13th birthday - YUP, 10 years ago. I decided to go with a shabby chic theme with neutral colors and elegant accents. My previous bedroom had a wallpaper mural, so I know how expensive wallpaper could run - and like any decor diva, I had the most specific vision of my new bedroom. Who knows if I'd find the exact pattern and colors I'm looking for?

For probably 1/5 of the price, I purchased wall stencils along with two different colored paints and went to work.


*The Beetique is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.*

I did the one wall against my bed, and it was the most tedious project ever. You can either use painter's tape or stencil adhesive to hold the pattern in place. I started off by using a sponge, quit halfway, bought a 4 inch roller, and rolled the rest of the wall. I liked the way sponging came out better, but using the roller was 1000000 x easier. And less pressure on my arm lol.

The stencil is the "Nador Wall & Floor Stencil" from Hobby Lobby, but you can grab it on Amazon here. There are various patterns available and inside is one 19.5" x 19.5" stencil. I was advised to get 2 if I want the process to go quicker, so I did!





If you love my paint combo like I do, they're:
Glidden - Silver Cloud (lighter shade)
Glidden - Candlestick Silver (darker shade)
Both purchased at Home Depot thanks to my brother in law :-)


Was it worth it? YES. Would I ever do it again? .... Maybe in another 10 years from now. I can't show you my entire bedroom until my masterpiece is complete, so consider this a tease. Oh, and shout out to my best girlfriend Becky for the cutest "you're the only dope I'll ever need" birthday card. Love ya!

See more home decorating posts here!
1 comment on "Wallpaper? Nope, Wall Stencil"
  1. You can't go wrong with a shag rug. It's a classic, and most importantly, cozy, in a bedroom, but try a patterned version to keep it from feeling too retro. Home Looks

    ReplyDelete