Top Social

Never Buy Another Throw Pillow Again

Friday, March 20, 2015
Okay, so you want to redo your bedroom, switch up your bedding, or maybe just want to jazz up your couch. You won't settle for a bed-in-a-bag because the throw pillows are too chintzy looking, so you go to HomeGoods to check out the throw pillow aisle. Looks like heaven on earth, until you look at the price tag of one pillow and come to the conclusion that HomeGoods isn't as affordable as you thought. I beat the system - but don't be mad, because I'm going to tell you how I did it.

I always thought that the concept of throw pillows were strange, primarily because they're always sold separately. It's likely that you probably want two of the same -- one for each end of the couch, or one for each side. This is nearly impossible to find. Mind you, if you do get lucky and find 2, it'll run you $15-50 PER PILLOW. WHICH IS CRAZY. Because you obviously need, like, 3-6 of them. Am I righttttt??



The first thing I did after graduating from college was start a serious bedroom makeover at my parents house. I was going for a minimal, white and 'airy' type look. After falling in love with a white 8-piece fluffy "hotel" comforter set, I felt a little guilty that I'd probably end up using only 3 of the pieces. I was on a serious hunt for the most fabulous sequin, fur, gaudy-looking pillows in the game. On the cheap.

Well that was impossible. So I looked on Amazon, and found so many for under $10. After reading deeper into each description (international Amazon listings can be a bit sketchy sometimes) I realized I was actually looking at throw pillow CASES and COVERS. Light bulb.

I measured all of my old, square pillow cases and ended up purchasing covers for each of them. I had myself brand new throw pillows for 1/3 of the price. So next time you redo your room or plan on decorating your new place, I encourage you to transform something old into something new.

Don't have any existing throw pillows waiting to be covered? No worries -- you can shop the inserts here.

Below are some of my favorite covers available on Amazon:

       


Don't forget to measure your existing pillows before choosing the correct size to order!




PS - I don't ALWAYS make my bed. And when I don't, I display my throw pillows here.


*The Beetique is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.*
19 comments on "Never Buy Another Throw Pillow Again"
  1. What company makes that bedding set you posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hotel Collection, discounted from Marshall's! They also sell Hotel Collection in department stores such as Macy's. Love it so much.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wall color. I noticed in your stencil post that you used Silver cloud as the light color for the stencil. Did you also use it as the ceiling color and for the other walls? If not, what colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, I used Silver Cloud to paint the other 3 walls in my bedroom. I love the idea of "marshmallow" grey walls instead of plain white. I painted the ceiling, door and molding a flat WHITE - I think it looks awesome this way!

      Delete
  4. Do you mean you cut down old pillows? What you said doesnt make sense you measured old pillow CASES and ordered more cases? You covered cases with covers? The pillow itself is the pricey part, not the cover. Im so confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First Amin of Dr Amin yousaf Plastic surgeon in Lahore is to provide the finest Cure & Care to the cosmetic patients who want to look young and maintain their body and want to improve their appearance. We provide all these services with the emerging trend and need of cosmetic surgery and Non-Surgical procedures across Pakistan. Whilst attracting customers across the globe to arise the potential of medical facilities available in Pakistan. Dr Amin Yousaf has the intention of providing innovative medical solutions with pioneered tested techniques and procedures under the hands of renowned Doctors, leading us to our growth in future.
    Best cosmetic surgeon in Lahore



    Best Plastic surgeon in Lahore



    Best Gynecomastia surgeon in Lahore



    Liposuction in Lahore



    Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Lahore



    Hair Transplant in Lahore



    Ear reshaping Surgery in Lahore



    Best Liposuction surgeon in Pakistan



    ReplyDelete
  6. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!. mulberry silk pillowcase

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment?s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
    www.pkshop.pk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later
    pillow covers

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last one from our top unstitched dresses available online is the bold Rouge Dream. This printed dress has patterns all over to make you look fuller without putting in any extra effort unstitched clothes

    ReplyDelete

  10. Toys and kids are inseparable. They can enhance a kid’s curiosity and creativity.
    toys

    ReplyDelete

  11. Toys enhance the imagination and creativity of kids.
    toys for kids

    ReplyDelete
  12. As the highly anticipated Steam Deck enters the gaming scene, the need for compatible accessories to complement this innovative handheld device becomes increasingly significant. Here are some Gaming accessories that are poised to enhance the Steam Deck experience:

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you don’t own even one of the followingOculus accessories for Quest 2 Oculus accessories for Quest 2, we salute your patience with Quest 2 headset.

    ReplyDelete