Top Social

Holy Grail: Batiste Dry Shampoo

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Let me tell you about that time I made four-day-old hair look fresh out the Dry Bar, and not a single %$#^ was given. Okay, maybe not FRESH OUT, but definitely almost.

Shout out to my girlfriend Fro for pointing out Batiste Dry Shampoo to me. She recently sent me that typical girl-code shopping picture and text saying, "which one?" and low and behold, I see a shelf shrine of Psssst! Instant Dry Shampoo Spray and Batiste™ Dry Shampoo. Having heard of both, but no clue about either of them, I jokingly said, "Go with the Batiste. I mean after all, it IS voted the #1 favorite dry shampoo". All I have to say is I'm glad I did.

If you know me, you know I'm 100% anti-consecutive hair washing [read my 10 Commandments of Happy Hair here].  Last month I blogged about What's in My Travel Bag, and a travel size Psssst! Dry Shampoo Spray made the cut. Needless to say, I breezed through that bottle faster than a speeding bullet. Next thing I know, I'm back at Harmon, this time sending Fro pictures of full sized bottles and texts saying, "which scent should I get?".


I've done the old "baby powder straight to the roots" trick on oily days for as long as I can remember, so you can imagine how excited I was when dozens of brands started coming out with dry shampoo lines. I've tried a few brands such as Pantene and Herbal Essence. All of them did the job, but at the end of the day, the amount of product sitting on top of my head made me look and feel even worse. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo doesn't even come close to making me feel that way.



LOL @ that time I hadn't shampooed in 4 days and Batiste made my hair look as good as new

On the mornings I cannot stop hitting snooze until the very last possible second, I section the top half of my hair in generous pieces and spray my roots with Batiste, or anywhere that oil seems to cling to. If you have trouble routinely sectioning your hair for styling, I wrote a great tutorial on Sectioning 101, and use the same technique for dry shampooing. Batiste is truly like baby powder in spray form (which, BTW, actually comes out white - so spray gently!). I then brush out the sections that were freshly sprayed and run my fingers through my roots giving them desirable volume.

Voila! Can you believe the before and after photo above on day four of unwashed hair? My new holy grail is literally a miracle product.


Batiste Dry Shampoo comes in 7 different fragrances and 3 hints of color to match your hair.

I grabbed my Cherry fragrance off Amazon here. Go browse the many other scents as well!  Talk soon! XO



go ahead, pin that ish!

*The Beetique is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.*
1 comment on "Holy Grail: Batiste Dry Shampoo"
  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post. Really I am impressed from this post. the person who create this post it was a great human. Thanks for shared this with us.
    best treatment for dry hair

    ReplyDelete