Top Social

What's on My Beach Towel

Monday, July 13, 2015

Working a 9-5 job has made me appreciate my weekends so much more than I did while I was a student. And because I've been appreciating my weekends, I've never appreciated the summer as much as I do now. If you feel me on this, I'm sure you've noticed the pattern of "gorgeous summer weather Monday to Friday and cold, rainy Saturdays and Sundays". Yesterday was the most perfect beach day, and I'm so thankful that it fell on a Sunday.

When I was in high school I took tanning and beach days so seriously. I didn't have my drivers license yet and I'd make my mom drive me all the way to the beach on a Tuesday at 9 a.m., and threaten her to not even think about picking me up until 5 p.m. Now, (like anyone else) I would kill to bronze on the beach from 9-5 on a random Tuesday. But as I get older I've noticed I can't sit there for long periods of time anymore. I'm not sure if it's the less patience I possess as I get older (ugh), the boredom, or the quarter-life hot flashes from no longer being bold enough to take a dip in the ocean.


Last week I decided to order my first big girl book, AKA a book I chose to buy by choice and not obligation. #GIRLBOSS is written by the founder and CEO of Nasty Gal, Sophia Amoruso. I've always been the girl who used SparkNotes to master their book reports [lmao], so to me, this is huge. *update: read my Beetique Critique book review on #GIRLBOSS here*

My very first beach day of the year, no where else but the Jersey Shore. I posted up in front of low tide with my Tommy Bahama chair, Australian Gold tanning gel, rose gold Ray Ban aviators, and #Girlboss. Suddenly, five hours had passed, and I'm no longer antsy to pack up my stuff, hike back to the car, and end the day at home by the pool. Although I left with a sick sunburn, it hurt entirely too good.

What are some other good reads you recommend?


#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, hardcover, $16.17


*The Beetique is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.*
1 comment on "What's on My Beach Towel"
  1. Hey people! Once you hire professionals from https://expertpaperwriter.com/educibly-com-review/ for your essay, you always assured we would provide your essay according to the deadline you indicated. Our essay experts are experienced in working fast and still finding success in producing the desired standards of that essay assignment.

    ReplyDelete