I'm super excited to share this DIY post because I know how many people, including a majority of my family and friends, suffer from insomnia every. damn. night. And guess what? There's absolutely no way you could mess this DIY up. Even a three year old couldn't. My DIY Lavender Insomnia Spray not only smells like bedtime heaven, but is so effective that you won't be able to get out of bed in the morning. Snooze button sold separately, of course.
For many years, Lavender has been used as an aid for relaxation, calming nerves, and promoting sleep. Unfortunately, many people do not know to take advantage of the power of lavender at bedtime. Welcome to The Beetique. Keep this Lavender Insomnia Spray on your end table, shake, and spritz on your linen and pillows right before you're ready for dreamland.
*The Beetique is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.*
- 1 glass spray bottle or atomizer, medium to large
- 1/3 cup of vodka or witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon of distilled or boiled water
- Double shot glass or glass bowl for mixing
- Glass stirrer
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Funnel [not pictured, optional]
- Pour 1/3 cup of vodka or witch hazel into shot glass or bowl. This ingredient is crucial in helping the essential oils distribute throughout the mixture versus settling at the bottom.
- Add 1 tablespoon of distilled or boiled water (after cool off!) into mixing bowl, and stir.
- Add 12-16 drops of Lavender Essential Oil, depending on size of atomizer. Stir.
- Add 6-10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil & 6-10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Gently waft the mixture and use your judgement to decide which essential oils you'd prefer more drops of. This is the part that is impossible to mess up because any essential oil variation is bound to smell ahhhh-mazing.
- Funnel into spray bottle or atomizer.
Keep on nightstand + spritz away at bedtime! My fab Victorian perfume atomizer was purchased in-store at Hobby Lobby, but you can grab similar here or some more options here.
p.s. - my concoction is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease; but intended to promote the ability to relax in preparation for a good night's sleep. This post has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.